The American Language Program accepts online applications. It is best to apply as early as possible so you will have time to obtain an F-1 visa from the U.S. embassy or consulate in your country. ALP applications are processed when all required materials are received.
Applying to ALP is easy! Follow these steps to successfully apply to ALP:
- Complete an online application by clicking the button below.
- Pay the $70.00 USD application fee. Upon submitting this application form, you will be redirected to a secure payment site.
- An ALP staff member will contact you via email within five business days. When you have received an email from us, please send the following required documents by email:
- a scanned copy of your passport
- completed affidavit of financial support
- evidence of financial support (e.g., bank statements, scholarship letter from sponsor)
We are currently accepting applications for Autumn 2023.
If you are transferring to the ALP from another U.S. institution:
- Apply to the ALP by completing an online application. Wait for your Notice of Admission (ALP admission letter) to be sent to you.
- When you receive the “International Student Transfer Form” from Admissions, complete Section 1. Take the transfer form and ALP admission letter to the international student advisor at your current institution.
- Determine with the advisor what date you will finish your current program and include this date in Section 1.
- Ask the advisor to complete Section 2 and email the form to the Office of International Affairs at the Ohio State University, as indicated on the form. The advisor should also transfer your SEVIS record electronically on the date you have indicated in Section 1.
Note: Ohio State will be able to create a transfer I-20 for you no sooner than the next business day following the date your SEVIS record is released to us. It cannot be prepared until the day after the transfer release date.
Space in ALP is limited so you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Applications are processed in the order they are received. Even if we receive your application before the deadline, there may not be a space for you for the academic term that you have applied for. If this is the case with your application, you may defer your application to the next academic term.
If you are leaving the U.S. before you begin your study at the ALP, be sure to have your new I-20 with a travel endorsement on page 3 before returning to the U.S. and while your F-1 visa is still valid. The visa does not have to be renewed if it is still valid.